Friday, September 13, 2013

Registered

I registered for the Dallas Rock 'N' Roll Half next March. Hoping this gives me enough time to adequately prepare.

I've set a tentative goal of 2:20 which I think is realistic based on where I am now. I would love to finish under 2 hours, but that may be a tad ambitious for my first half. We'll see where the training leads me.

Speaking of training, would be glad for training plan recommendations. I know of a few out there, but would like to hear your first-hand experiences.

Here we go...


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I like the Runner's World Smart Coach for somewhat-customized training plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at Runner's World, and they have a couple of different training plans, like "First Timer" and also have a "Sub 2:00" plan. The First Timer plan is a no brainer. But the Sub 2:00 plan is interesting too, because the first week of sample workouts is pretty much spot on what I'm doing right now in terms of pace and mileage per week. Just don't want to set myself up for failure! Gosh I wish I wasn't so tentative about all this.

      I'm also reading Mario Fraioli's official RNR training guide. And I've heard very good things about Hal Higdon's programs too.

      Delete
  2. You're going to be fine and you are going to do great! Whatever plan you choose, just remember that a plan isn't "the law." If you have to stray from the plan (sickness, injury, scheduling) it doesn't mean that you have failed, or that your race won't go well. I can tell you are a planner like me, so I wanted to get that out up front. Remember, this is SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's like you've been reading my blog for a little while now.

      Thank you, I could use that reminder on a pretty regular basis I'm guessing.

      I have time to decide. Next up a 10k the first weekend of December!

      Delete